Friday 2 March 2012

To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee: Review

..............................................................

So, Here's the thing about this book.
Its about the finch family, who consists of:

Atticus-The Father/Lawyer
Scout(Jean-Louise)-The Daughter/Trouble Maker
Jem-The Son/Sports Fanatic
Dill-The Sometimes Family/Traveler
and Calpurnia-The HouseKeeper.

Its starts off with Scout and Jem finding Dill,
Us Finding out about the rest of the County(Maycomb)
and We also learn about what the times were like,
and how they treated others back then.

It was set in the times of way back when,
where ladies wore dresses and had little talking parties,
and there wasn't much money.
everything was cheap,
and you really didn't need money to have fun.

I honestly cant figure out why they called it
'To Kill A Mockingbird.'
when there really wasn't any mocking going on.


they mentioned a mockingbird in the tree, but that's about it.
If they were refurring to Boo Radley
as the mockingbird,
I can't really understand that either.
He just sat in his house until the time came for him to come out.
Care to explain anyone who knows?


Even though most people read this in grade 10 english (like I did)
I would recommend it to people who like learning about
What it was like by then.
How people were treated back then,
And just if you want a good holiday reading book.


KayThanks. C:

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this books quite a lot. It's one of my favorites, but I do agree that I don't understand where the title came from.
    I was trying to figure it out the whole time, but couldn't.
    I did love this book, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that's good!
      Glad I'm not the only one,
      Cause when we read this in my class,
      Everyone was bored by the second chapter.
      It's a really good classic, and I don't think that everyone appreciates that. C:

      Also, Thanks for checking out my blog. <3

      Delete