Saturday 21 April 2012

The Iron King by Julie Kagawa: Review

This book was like Alice in Wonderland meets Narnia.
I wasn't so sure about it in the beginning, because of those things.
I thought it would be a rip off.
I thought it was going to be awful.
But guess what?
I thought wrong.
That's alright though.
Because now, I can read the other books and hopefully be pleasantly surprised.
Or not.

Meghan Chase isn't really a strong character in the beginning.
She's quiet, and she doesn't really have any friends.
Robbie, on the other hand, is the complete opposite.
He's funny, and outgoing.
Surprisingly, though, he also doesn't really have any friends.

In the strange world through the closet,
Not everything is the same.
Actually scratch that,
Nothing is the same.
There are little monsters that bite and claw,
The mermaids are siren's that can drown you with their singing,
And the sea horses are big seals with horse heads.
If you'd never seen anything like this before,
Wouldn't you be scared?
Strangely, Meghan wasn't all that scared.
I mean, she was terrified at the beginning.
But I didn't actually think that she would get used to the monsters,
Because I definitely wouldn't.

This book surprised me when I didn't think I could be surprised.
It was different when I thought it would be the same.
Really,
It was pretty awesome.
I was sucked into a book I didn't think I was going to like.
So, all in all,
You should read this book.
It's... different.

Kaythanks. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment