Sunday 22 July 2012

Claus: Legend of the Fat Man by Tony Bertauski - Review

 To be honest, I'm not really sure what shelves to put this in... So I'll just pick some random ones. lol. What do you classify a fantasy book about santa as anyways? lol. Anyways, It's so much more than just that. It's an adventure. An awesome adventure, filled with pokemon-like abominable snowmen, (which were awesome by the way,) and weird gmo'd reindeer, and much more. I never thought elves would have blubber, though it makes sense now that I think about it. When I was reading this, I used Gimley for a picture alot, (from lord of the rings.. lol) because after watching that anytime I think about a short fat guy with a beard, he should be putting his axe in someone. :P
Jessica and Nicholas along with their son Jon, want to find the north poll. I don't remember why, but that's alright. It started the story off. Even though this was set in the eighteen hundreds, it was more modern then I thought it was. I thought that people wouldn't know as many things as they knew, but they still probably knew more about modern day things than me. I know that doesn't make sense, but lets leave it at that.... lol..
Yet again, Bertauski has amazed me with his writing. I felt like I was almost there, just like. sitting behind a trick glass window. Or something like that. Even though I Knew what was going to happen with Claus and Nicholas from the part where he was taking both of their memories, It was good. It was cool to see Santa like that, and he seems like a pretty cool guy. lol. :P I love that Jon and Tinsel were all cute at the end too.
Honestly I think I'm babbling. I should just leave it like this, It was a great book. I've never read anything based on Santa before, and it was an awesome first time. lol. I don't know what else to say. Oh, How did Jack eat all those fish without busting his teeth? Cause, I thought he would just freeze the piss out of everything, so I don't really get how that worked... lol. I'm just going to stop now. I'm making this review awful because I don't know what to say. So.
Thanks for letting me read your book, It was awesome. That's it. That's all I have to say. Aaaand now for the adds... C; bahah.

Thanks for reading!

Check out my group! We're reading Eden's Root right now, and you can get a free copy to read!
http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/68481-the-young-adult-challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment