Wednesday 25 July 2012

Hourglass by Myra McEntire: Review

 Aweh man. That sucks. Damn fingers. I messed up just as I finished writing this the first time and it all deleted.... Booooo! Anyways. I'll try to write it again, lol. Damnit. I don't like you anymore, refresh button...

To be honest, I wasn't so sure about this book at first. The scenery had too much description, and the pages dragged on. Only for the first chapter or two though, which surprised me. I thought that the whole book was going to be like that, and it wasn't. What it was, though, was exciting, adventurous and it was awesome. It kept my attention, and I couldn't put it down. And I know I say that a lot, but it's true. I didn't want to put it down, and I didn't. The characters were interesting, they were all different, and even if they weren't really important to the story, Dune, Lili, Whats his name... They kept it interesting. Like the Coffee Shop with Lili, And the cooler full of crawfish with Dune.
I didn't expect what happened at the end there, I mean, Cat? She seemed so nice! And Jack! I should have known. That's not a spoiler, is it? I'm not actually revealing anything, right? lol. Whatever. It doesn't matter. I think this might be the first book I've read in a while where the muscle guy doesn't get the girl. I mean, Michael might've been lean, but apparently Kaleb was jacked! Which I don't really get, because he was supposed to be a swimmer. I mean, I didn't think swimmers got jacked without a little help, if you know what I mean. That's fine though. He was interesting, and he helped give the story subtle clues to the ending.
Jack was an interesting character, and I didn't really know what he was going to do. At first I thought he was a sidelines character, someone who didn't do much of anything. But then when she tried to touch him, oh man. He got pretty damn interesting all of the sudden. I didn't really know why he kept disappearing, and I definitely didn't think that he was going to be who he was at the end. Like what the hell. How did he even get in her room anyways. But anyways, I'll stop blabbing about this. I might be ruining it for someone else. :P
If you haven't read this book yet, I definitely recommend it. It's awesome, and adventurous. One of the better time traveling, Super power like things, teens living in a group home all together like that, books I've read. So, yeah. Definitely check it out. :D

Check out my Group! We're reading Eden's Root, and you can get a copy to read yourself! :D
http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/68481-the-young-adult-challenge

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment