Thursday 12 July 2012

The Girl with te Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson: Review


Goodreads, You lied to me. There was a hundred more pages than you told me, lol. Everything else you said was spot on. It was just that, haha. Besides that, This was an awesome book. I didn't want to put it down, even though I had to when I went on vacation halfway through. I couldn't read for a whole week. It was awful. But finally, I finished it. My grandma kind of wrecked some parts for me, (Just was talking about the movie before I saw it or read the book) but whatever. I don't mind, it's all good. :P
Despite me rating this 5 stars, there were parts that I didn't like. For one, It was hard to read. The wording was weird, and it took me so long to even read the first couple chapters I was tempted to put it down for a while. But hey, I toughed it through, and it was an awesome read. I'm glad I finished it, and I'm glad I found this at the Salvation Army... for a dollar... lol. Who sells awesome books! Or, maybe I just horde them. Whatever.
Honestly, I think Lisbeth Salander was an awesome character. She was interesting, spontaneous, and she kept the book interesting when Blomkvist couldn't. She had tattoos, Piercings, and she was a total outcast. She was crazy, and her life was a mess, but she didn't care. The only part I would say didn't need as much detail, was the rape scenes. I mean, hey. It kept the book... lets call it interesting, (I can't think of the word to use..) and it worked. I get why she didn't tell anyone. I like that she started having feelings for other people though, and even though I didn't get the ending, I'm hoping she's in the other books. She could totally be an awesome role model, lol.
Well, What else is there to say? This was an awesome book. I think more people should read it before they watch the movie. I'm glad I have the second and third book now, because I'll want to read those too. I can't think of anything I've missed, except for the confusing ending. I'm hoping that it'll be explained in the second book? But if it's not, that's okay too. It makes me wonder. Thanks for reading! (:

 Check out my Group! We're reading Eden's Root by Rachel Fisher at the moment, and we're giving away free copies. (:
http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/68481-the-young-adult-challenge

Thanks again!

No comments:

Post a Comment