Sunday 30 December 2012

Spirits That Walk in Shadow by Nina Kiriki Hoffman


What an awesome book. And I knew it was going to be awesome from the moment I saw it. I mean, punk hair and ear piercings? Also. A cool looking lizard that I really want? How could it be horrible? And was I ever right. It was full of magic, and I learned things I didn't know could happen. Like when the 'feelings vamp' split itself into two separate people? that was awesome. I wish I could do that. I mean, changing into something totally different would be awesome too, but I dunno. Feelings children are pretty cool.
Kim was a pretty relatable character for me, depressed, couldn't find something to get into, or she couldn't get back into something. Dumb people in high school pushed her to the edge. It's something that happens to everybody. I also like how she acted her age. So many books I've read have people in them who are either acting way too young, or insanely too old. I can't even explain how many times that's made me hate a book. It's just so dumb. lol.
All in all, I loved this book. It had just the right amount of magic and paranormal things in it to make it fiction. Hey, if it didn't have those, I probably would've thought it could be true. If you haven't read this book, I highly recommend it! (:


facebook
goodreads
group

No comments:

Post a Comment