Sunday 30 December 2012

Crank by Ellen Hopkins






To be honest, I didn't really like this book when I first started reading it. For starters, I'm not really a big fan of poetry. But as it moved along, I got used to the way it was written and I really started to love it. A girl, about my age, going to visit her deadbeat dad who she loved unconditionally. A boy, who made her summer beginning. There was a lot of drug use, and I mean a lot. But hey, what would you expect from a book titled "Crank?" There had to be some meth in it, and I was ready for it.

What I wasn't expecting, was how spot on the characters were. None acted out of place. They all acted their own age, and though some of the characters were shocking, it all fit together. I didn't know that this book was a 'true story' until I re-read the first page. What the hell! It's awesome. I know that drug addicts have a hard time, but I didn't know that it could happen like this. Who knew?! Anyways. If you haven't read this book yet, I recommend it for sure. I'm in love with it, and I'm so glad that the second one came along with it. I can't wait to read it! (:

facebook
goodreads
group

No comments:

Post a Comment