Sunday 2 December 2012

The City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare : Review




          What do I think about this series? Although it's action filled and exciting, I wish there could just be a conclusion already. A couple books back it should have ended. I mean, wasn't it only supposed to be a trilogy anyways? You can tell that she's extending it to create one of those never-ending series for the fans, and that's not a good thing. It's dragging on, and I'm hoping that I'm not the only one in the whole young-adult universe that thinks so. 
          What do I think about this book alone, however? I thought that it was exciting. Just like the rest of the series, and even the series itself, it was packed with action, splashed with romance, and touched with family feud  I might want the series to end, but I do still like the books. The characters are starting to get a little bland and shallow, but I still do like the books. I'm starting to think, though, that Clare is running out of idea's. I don't understand why the bad guys can't just die at the end and it could all be finished. With a happy ending, even. Might not be the best choice, but at least it could be finished. 
          Honestly, I'm starting to think that these books are all the same. Dating drama, family feud, war breaks out, dating drama is over, all crisis averted. The family goes back to almost normal. How much easier could it be? And that's why I'm bored. They really are all the same, and I'm actually beginning to dread the next books. Lets hope it's the last, and also hope that I'm not the only one who feels this way. 
          No matter how tired I am of the series, though I still liked the book. And because of that, (and also my weird obsession to finish books and series' no matter what,) I'm going to read the next one. And if there's another one after that, I'm probably going to read that one too. I would recommend that you do that too, just to see what happens in the end. (: 

(goodreads)
(facebook)
http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/68481--the-young-adult-challenge
(group-although not so active lately, I apologize.)

Thanks for reading! :D

2 comments:

  1. NICE opening i think is the opportunity for talented guys its good step.
    • Its look like you are doing so much of R&D for these blog, I really appreciate you very much.
    Estetik

    ReplyDelete